Tired of traditional, predictable sermons? Know where the message is headed five minutes after it starts?
Freshen up your mind and soul with two landmark sermon series from the fall fo 2019 and the summer of 2021. Two churches, three preachers, 48 messages, 24 topics.
Based on Dr. Jordan B. Peterson’s two breakaway bestsellers, Twelve Rules for Life, and Beyond Order, we take a spiritual/biblical look at timeless life principles in new and transformative ways…
Enjoy these live weekly Sunday morning lectures which were held at two Southern California Churches. Feel free to visit in person any Sunday morning:
- LIFEHouse in the San Fernando Valley 10 AM Sundays, 18355 Roscoe Boulevard in Northridge (L.A.) Across the street from Northridge Hospital, on Roscoe near Reseda. An ELCA Lutheran Church.
- THE WELL at Surf City (OC) 10 AM Sundays, 2721 Delaware Street in Huntington Beach. Go to the big parking lot in the back; we are in the remodeled chapel. Pentecostal (Foursquare and ARC). Hundreds of YouTube teachings: LINK
Click on below to listen/interact with each chapter (12 Rules for Life):
- Rule #1: Stand up Straight with Your Shoulders Back
- September 15, 2019
- Rule #2: Treat Yourself Like Someone You Are Responsible for Helping.
- September 22, 2019
- Rule #3: Make Friends with People Who Want the Best for You.
- September 29, 2019
- Rule #4: Compare Yourself to Who You Were Yesterday, Not to Someone Else Today.
- October 6, 2019
- Rule #5: Do Not Let Your Children Do Anything That Makes You Dislike Them.
- October 13, 2019
- Rule #6: Set Your House in Perfect Order Before You Criticize the World.
- October 20, 2019
- Rule #7: Pursue What is Meaningful (Not What is Expedient).
- October 27, 2019
- Rule #8: Tell the Truth–or at Least Don’t Lie
- November 3, 2019
- Rule #9: Assume that the Person You are Listening to Might Know Something You Don’t.
- November 10, 2019
- Rule #10: Be Precise in Your Speech
- November 17, 2019
- Rule #11: Do Not Bother Children When They are Skateboarding.
- November 24, 2019
- Rule #12: Pet a Cat When You Encounter One on the Street.
- December 1, 2019
Click on below to listen/interact with each chapter (Beyond Order):
- Rule #1: Do not Carelessly Denigrate Social Institutions or Creative Achievement.
- June 20, 2021
- Rule #2: Imagine Who You Could Be, and then Aim Single-mindedly at That.
- June 27, 2021
- Rule #3: Do not Hide Unwanted Things in the Fog
- July 4, 2021
- Rule #4: Notice That Opportunity Lurks Where Responsibility Has Been Abdicated.
- July 11, 2021
- Rule #5: Do Not Do What You Hate.
- July 18, 2021
- Rule #6: Abandon Ideology.
- July 25, 2021
- Rule #7: Work as Hard as You Possibly Can on at Least One Thing, and See What Happens.
- August 1, 2021
- Rule #8: Try to Make One Room in your Home as Beautiful as Possible.
- August 8, 2021
- Rule #9: If Old Memories Still Upset You, Write Them Down Carefully and Completely.
- August 15, 2021
- Rule #10: Plan and Work Diligently to Maintain the Romance in Your Relationship.
- August 22, 2021
- Rule #11: Do not Allow Yourself to Become Resentful, Deceitful, or Arrogant.
- August 29, 2021
- Rule #12: Be Grateful in Spite of Your Suffering
- September 5, 2021
Feel free to use as much of the material for your church/school as you would like. All we ask is that you reference a link to this page. #OpenSource
If you benefit from this teaching, please consider contributing to our two organizations: THE WELL: LINK, LIFEHouse: LINK
Please pass the link to this website on to others, post it on social media, etc. BrainAndBible.com